The Montage Process
PHASE 1: YOUR ASSESSMENT.
We get to know one another. We prepare your Lifestyle Financial Assessment. This involves a series of conversational topics designed to help us gain insight into what you want to achieve as well as the resources and challenges ahead. After our first meeting, we evaluate the information to identify opportunities as well as weak spots in your current planning. In our second meeting, we provide you with your Lifestyle Financial Assessment. This detailed report offers you our professional opinions and observations. And the best part: both of these initial meetings are completely complimentary with no strings attached.
PHASE 2: YOUR PLAN.
From here, we develop your Lifestyle Financial Plan. This includes specific recommendations and action steps, all tailored to your life, your goals, and your preferences. This plan serves as your road map to achieving the lifestyle, independence, and legacy you desire. It includes:
- Clear understanding of your financial health, strengths, and opportunities for improvement
- Well-defined life goals that reflect your values and inspire you to make better decisions
- Well-defined action steps to achieve your goals
- Proactive investment management strategy
- Expert advice on investment choices inside your retirement plans, such as 401(k)s and 403(b)s
- Sound advice on your will, health care proxy, and power of attorney
- Creative ideas on how to leave a meaningful legacy without giving up all of your money
- Expert advice on how to manage real risks and hidden challenges that could devastate your finances
- Retirement income strategy, including the best method for collecting social security benefits
PHASE 3: YOUR SUCCESS.
Throughout our relationship, we continuously advocate for your success. Although our fee structure is based on your portfolio management, we provide much more. In short, we become your team of financial confidants, working together to ensure your lifestyle, independence, and legacy.
For lifestyle, we help you understand:
- The progress of your investments
- What’s going on with markets and economy
- When and how to retire
- What to do if you become unemployed
- How much you can spend in retirement (whether or not you will outlive your savings)
- What to do when and if stock markets crash
- Whether or not to refinance your home
- Whether or not to buy or lease a car
- What to do when kids go to college
- How to go about starting or transferring a business
For independence, we help you:
- Identify the real risks and hidden challenges that could devastate your finances
- Make sure that you don’t waste money on unnecessary or inappropriate insurance
- Make sure that you have the proper insurance coverage that protects the lifestyle you’ve earned and provides your loved ones with financial security at your death
For legacy, we provide:
- Guidance on defining what legacy means to you and creative ideas on how to best incorporate your legacy into your financial plan
- Advice for your will, health care proxy, and power of attorney
- Innovative estate planning tools and tips you won’t find anywhere else
- Support for your loved ones upon your death
- Creative ideas on how to leave a meaningful legacy without giving up all your money